A highlight – the wine cellar tours
A pageant of hats & wine in the chivalrous "Cercle Diplomatique"
The historical Piaristenkeller Restaurant offers a perfect opportunity to serve your guests a superb meal – and to surprise them with a visit to the wine cellar museum in the labyrinthine vaults of the monastery.
More than 200 candles light your way through the 300-year-old wine cellars.
Degustationsweinkeller für Weinverkostungen und Hut Partys
The chivalrous "Cercle Diplomatique" .... The diplomats and ministers visiting there ambassador in Vienna, is an event programme that has always provided entertainers with a forum for the promotion of new ideas and contacts.
- Honorary title of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and the University of Gdansk
- Honorary professor, University of Science and Technology of China
- Member of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Berlin-Brandenburg, the Austrian and Slovak Academies of Science, the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts and the Paris Académie des sciences Fellow, American Physical Society and American Association for the Advancement of Science
The earthly entrance into the 300-year-old wine cellar - the underground world of the imperial and royal K.u.K. Restaurant Piaristenkeller with the "Emperor Franz Joseph Hutmuseum"
Wine tasting cellar for wine tastings and clubbing parties with hats and wine. This programme may include the following:
- A fascinating candlelight guided tour of the impressive 300-year-old vaulted cellars of the monastery.
- Tasting of wines or an exceptional sparkling wine speciality in the Wine Treasury of the restaurant
- Welcome buffet platters with appetizers during the wine tasting.
- "Cercle Diplomatique"und Clubbing party with historical headgear from the Emperor Franz Josef Hat Museum in combination with the so-called pageant of hats.
- Entertainment and fun with a delightful presentation of the art of hand-kissing complete with old Viennese tales about this fabulous headgear.
- Photo shoot opportunity during the tour
The programme lasts between about 20 and a maximum of 30 minutes.
A pageant of hats and wine and chivalrous "Cercle Diplomatique"
Guided tours of the restaurant's museums – the Emperor Franz Josef Hat Museum and the imperial and royal Wine Treasury – give your guests more than just a traditional museum visit. During the tours they can also try on ornate headgear from the collection of hats as well as taste wines from the Wine Treasury vinothèque – a truly delightful experience for both penchant and palate!
Adorned with these flamboyant ladies' hats and the headgear of the great men and officers of the imperial age from the collections of the museum, guests make their way down to the wine cellars to the sounds of Ziehrer, Lanner and Strauss in a true pageant of hats and wine. There the entertainment continues with a wine tasting and delicious appetizers in an old-fashioned clubbing complete with Viennese tales and a demonstration of hand-kissing. The chivalrous "Cercle Diplomatique" has always provided a forum for the promotion of new ideas and contacts.
The gentlemen will enjoy the dignity of wearing a top hat or a parade shako (an ornate type of cap worn by officers of the Austro-Hungarian Empire), or take pride in magnificent hunting trophies like tufts of chamois or wild boar bristles attached to traditional Bad Aussee hats.
When guests put these historic hats upon their heads, they also slip into the roles of the personalities and Viennese characters of the society of the time – from flower girl to baroness, or from pompfineberer (a paid mourner in the imposing funeral processions of great personages) to imperial officer or landgrave – enabling them to experience the history and spirit of the imperial age.
During the course of this programme, organizers are also offered an opportunity to congratulate, pay tribute to or address members of the group in privacy away from the other restaurant guests.